Personal tools
You are here: Home FAQ Applicator Certification Where do I go to take a commercial pesticide applicator exam?

Where do I go to take a commercial pesticide applicator exam?

Applicators are required to take pesticide applicator certification exams at a predetermined testing location in Virginia.

Most DMV offices now have testing centers where you can take your exams. Also, there are several testing centers throughout Virginia. Exam Locations

Document Actions
Combined FAQ - EPA Regions

EPA Agency-wide Frequently Asked Questions database.  You can browse through the database, search, or submit a question. Here are a few FAQ links:

Fertilizer Certification

Online Fertilizer Applicator Certification Training


Virginia Cooperative Extension offers a free online training and testing program (Fertilizer Applicator Certification Training, FACT)

Upon successful completion of this online training program, users meet the requirements of becoming a Virginia Certified Fertilizer Applicator as administered through the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS). The link to the FACT website is and complete instructions on how to access the system, enroll in the training, complete the training and testing, and contact information for any questions are provided.

cals logo VCE logo