Personal tools
You are here: Home FAQ Applicator Certification Can I take a Private Exam at the Division of Motor Vehicles?

Can I take a Private Exam at the Division of Motor Vehicles?

The DMV locations across Virginia are the primary testing sites for commercial pesticide applicator exams. They also offer exams for private applicators as do local Extension offices.

You may take a Private exam at your local DMV -- BUT YOU MUST FIRST COMPLETE the the following form and mail or fax it to VDACS.

Private Pesticide Applicator Request for Authorization to Take Pesticide Application Exam at DMV [PDF]

Once processed, you will receive an authorization letter from VDACS. You must show this authorization and a picture I.D. before a test will be administered at a DMV.

In addition, Private exams may be taken at your local Extension Office by appointment.

Document Actions
Combined FAQ - EPA Regions

EPA Agency-wide Frequently Asked Questions database.  You can browse through the database, search, or submit a question. Here are a few FAQ links:

Fertilizer Certification

Online Fertilizer Applicator Certification Training


Virginia Cooperative Extension offers a free online training and testing program (Fertilizer Applicator Certification Training, FACT)

Upon successful completion of this online training program, users meet the requirements of becoming a Virginia Certified Fertilizer Applicator as administered through the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS). The link to the FACT website is and complete instructions on how to access the system, enroll in the training, complete the training and testing, and contact information for any questions are provided.

cals logo VCE logo