Personal tools
You are here: Home FAQ Applicator Certification Can I keep my certificate if I no longer apply pesticides?

Can I keep my certificate if I no longer apply pesticides?

I no longer work in a job that requires me to have a pesticide applicator certificate, but I want to keep it. Can I do this?

Yes. You need to contact VDACS and inform them that you would like to keep your certificate, and they will enter you in their systems as “inactive.” You must continue to renew your certificate (and pay the renewal fee) as well as attend recertification programs.

Document Actions
Combined FAQ - EPA Regions

EPA Agency-wide Frequently Asked Questions database.  You can browse through the database, search, or submit a question. Here are a few FAQ links:

Fertilizer Certification

Online Fertilizer Applicator Certification Training


Virginia Cooperative Extension offers a free online training and testing program (Fertilizer Applicator Certification Training, FACT)

Upon successful completion of this online training program, users meet the requirements of becoming a Virginia Certified Fertilizer Applicator as administered through the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS). The link to the FACT website is and complete instructions on how to access the system, enroll in the training, complete the training and testing, and contact information for any questions are provided.

cals logo VCE logo