What controls are available for organic growers?
I don't want to use chemical pesticides! What controls are available for organic growers?
Many biological farmers and organic gardeners avoid the use of most chemical pesticides in order to either meet organic certification requirements or because they are concerned about the safety of most chemical pesticides. Here are a few sources where you can find information about alternative controls:
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI)
- 25b Minimum Risk Pesticides List (EPA)
- EPA Biopesticides Information (EPA)
- Plant Incorporated Protectants (EPA)
- National IR-4 Project - Biopesticides Research Program (USDA)
- National Organic Program (USDA)
- Virginia Pest Management Guides - Field Crops (VCE)
- Virginia Pest Management Guides - Horticultural and Forest Crops (VCE)
- Virginia Pest Management Guides - Home Grounds and Animals (VCE)
- Mimimum Chemical Gardening (VCE)